Being a mother is one of the greatest joys life has to offer
However, it does take a toll on your body!
The aim of a “Mummy Makeover” is to restore your body and boost your confidence via a range of plastic surgery procedures. There is no preset formula, instead, it is a process of selecting the procedures that address your personal concerns.
Many women look to mummy makeover surgery to refresh their visual aesthetic and confidence after the significant experience of childbirth. This can help to ease the already stressful period that post-pregnancy creates.
Benefits of our mummy makeover procedure Coffs Harbour
- Pregnancy stretches the abdominal muscles and skin. Sometimes this leaves women with loose skin, and a weakened abdominal region. A tummy tuck removes excess skin and fat and tightens abdominal muscles to improve body tone and contours
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding can dramatically alter the appearance of your breasts, leaving them deflated and smaller. A breast augmentation, using implants, can add fullness and improve overall breast shape
- A breast lift, or mastopexy, is suitable if you want to retain your pre-pregnancy breast size but regain the tone and contour of your breast
- In some women, both augmentation and breast lift are required for a good result.
- Some women are left with stubborn areas of fat post-pregnancy, even after diet and exercise. Liposuction can assist with reshaping and contouring your body to its pre-pregnancy form
The benefits of breast surgery procedure can be profound, however, you should
discuss your goals during your consultation to ensure this is the right procedure for you.
Is a mummy makeover right for me?
Women often seek to improve their visual appearance and self-confidence post-pregnancy via a range of cosmetic procedures and often also combine a facial rejuvenation to look and feel younger.
- Read up on the procedures outlined above and come to your first consultation with ideas about what you would like to achieve
- Arianayagam will discuss the available options
- Collectively you can agree on the best Mummy Makeover for you
What type of procedure should I choose?
When it comes to the mummy makeover, the list of procedures to consider includes:
- Tummy Tuck
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Lift and Augmentation
- Facial Rejuvenation
How It Works
The first step when you are considering a mummy makeover is to book a consultation with Dr. Arianayagam to discuss your goals.
Dr. Arianayagam will review your current health situation, medications, and discuss the options available and his recommendations.
A second consultation will be booked to ensure you are well informed about the procedure you are planning.
As the anaesthetic wears off post-procedure you may start to feel soreness, swelling, or discomfort, as well as tiredness. All of these symptoms are entirely normal and will be eased with postoperative painkillers and antibiotics.
Why Choose Us?
As an internationally trained Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Chandran Arianayagam is well-positioned to perform your mummy makeover. He has performed all of the included procedures from his clinic in Coffs Harbour since January, 1995 and has operated and observed in Australia, India, Malaysia, the United Kingdom and the United States.
With a list of qualifications including a Bachelor of Surgery and a Bachelor of Medicine, Dr. Chandran Arianayagam is also a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and has been granted Specialist status in Plastic Surgery in the Commonwealth of Australia. He is also a Corresponding Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Arianayagam is an expert who places great importance on the complete comfort of all his patients. This includes at least two consultations prior to treatment, and a team at PCLS Coffs Harbour who offer outstanding levels of in-patient and post-operative care. Every procedure, from the initial steps through to a full recovery is given high-levels of follow up care.
Once you have made the decision to go ahead with the surgery and have chosen Dr. Arianayagam as your surgeon, you will also be offered the opportunity to speak to one of our patients who has the same procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any surgery will leave a level of scarring, however a significant effort is made to ensure they are as inconspicuous as possible.
It is quite common for women who have given birth into their 40s and 50s to undergo a range of cosmetic surgeries and experience excellent results. The typical age for a post-pregnancy patient is a woman in her mid to late 30s.
If you have recently given birth and are considering one of the procedures included in the mummy makeover, you should schedule a consultation to assess your situation and find the best options to achieve your cosmetic goals. Your review will determine which of the options in the mummy makeover are best suited to help to increase your confidence, looks, and happiness.
All surgical procedures are accompanied with risks such as post-operative bleeding, allergic reactions, infection, and in mild cases, deep vein thrombosis, and haemotoma. To understand the risks associated with the exact procedures relevant to your mummy makeover, book a consultation with our team who will give you all the relevant information.
- Rockvale Cardiac Centre, 18 Rockvale Road, Armidale, NSW
- Duke Street Medical Centre, 9 Duke Street, Grafton, NSW
- Barton Lane Medical Practice, 121 Johnson Street, Tamworth, NSW
- 3 Highfields Circuit, Port Macquarie, NSW 2444
There are several locations available, all of which offer a high-level of patient care and a skilled and knowledgeable team. The PCLS Coffs Harbour staff are with you from beginning to end for your procedure and recovery process.
The PCLS team will coordinate a care plan, and stay in touch throughout your recovery process via the following PCLS locations: